Phobias, or now known as Specific Phobias, is a type of anxiety disorder that is characterized by an intense fear of an object, a place, an event, or a situation. Exposure to the specific situation or object can bring about an intense sense of fear, anxiety, and dread.
At our Teen Anxiety Treatment in Los Angeles, California, we understand that every teenager has something that they are uncomfortable or fearful of. However, phobias can be very serious, and they can disrupt a teenager’s daily routine. People with phobias tend to avoid the situations and objects that can trigger their phobia, which leads to a disruption of their routine, and it can even cause a strain in a teenager’s social life and relationships.
What are the symptoms of phobias?
Phobias and its symptoms can vary from person to person. However, here are some common phobias and their accompanying symptoms:
- Phobias (please note that this is an incomplete list of phobias)
- Arachnophobia (fear of spiders)
- Thalassophobia (fear of the ocean)
- Aerophobia (fear of flying)
- Claustrophobia (fear of small or enclosed spaces)
- Agliophobia (fear of pain)
- Nyctophobia (fear of the dark)
- Coulrophobia (fear of clowns)
- Iatrophobia (fear of doctors)
- Pyrophobia (fear of fire)
- Entomophobia (fear bugs and insects)
- Cold or hot flashes
- Trembling or shaking
- Chest pain
Do you want to overcome your phobias? As an established Southern California Teen Anxiety Treatment Center, Teen Anxiety is qualified to provide the help that you need. Call us today at 888-248-1278 or Set an Appointment for Teen Anxiety Treatment in Los Angeles, California.